Phone Calling Features
Selective Call Rejection *60 – This feature lets you create a screening list of rejected incoming numbers. Just dial *60.
Main Menu Options
3 = on/off of feature
#01 = adds the last number that was called to your list
# = manually enter a number
* = remove one or more entries
1 = listen to entries in your list
07 = remove single entry on list
08 = hear all entries on list
0 = menu of instructions
Speed Call 30 Numbers – Create a list of your 30 frequently called numbers and assign each a speed call number to access that call quickly.
- Make a list of the numbers you wish to have stored.
- Speed call codes are 20 through 49.
- Lift the receiver and listen for a dial tone.
- Dial *75 on your touch tone phone.
- Listen for a stuttere d tone, then enter the 2 digit Speed Code (use only numbers 20 through 49) to store the number.
- Include a 1 with an area code for long distance numbers.
- To use the Speed Code, lift the receiver, enter number 20 through 49 from your list, and then press #.
Call Forwarding – Route incoming calls to another number that you enter.
- Listen for the dial tone, then press *72.
- When you hear a second tone, dial the number you wish to forward your calls to.
- If no-one answers at the forwarding number, hang up and dial the number again.
- The call forwarding feature is activated.
Special Notes About Call Forwarding
- If someone answers the telephone at the telephone number that you forwarded your calls to, you do not need to call the number again.
- Calls forwarded to long distance numbers outside of the Lynxx Networks long distance calling areas will be billed to you at Lynxx Networks long distance rate.
- Deactivate the call forwarding by selecting *73. You will hear two tones, and that confirms your call forwarding is deactivated.
Variable Call Forwarding – Lets you activate the call forwarding feature from almost anywhere using a touchtone phone.
Live Message Screening – LMS is a service that allows you to “listen in” to voicemails as they are being recorded, similar to a traditional answering machine.
Repeat Dialing or Auto Callback – Call back the last number dialed, even if it was busy. Just wait for the dialtone, then press *66. Deactivate the feature by pressing *86.
Call Return or Auto Call – Redial last incoming number, if the number is in the Lynxx service area. Press *69. Deactivate by pressing *89.
Caller ID (Name & Number) – This feature allows the name and number of an incoming call to display. You can also block your telephone number and name from being displayed on a Caller ID by dialing *67 and then the number you wish to call.
3 Way Calling – Add a third party to an existing call.
- Press the flash for about a half a second to put the first caller on hold
- Listen for the 3 way calling tone
- Dial the number of the third party you wish to call
- When the party answers, press the flash button again
- All 3 parties are now connected
*57 Call Trace – Initiate a trace of the last incoming call. This is a useful feature for harassing or prank calls if you wish to pursue legal action. THERE IS A CHARGE TO EITHER OBTAIN OR USE CALL TRACE SERVICES.
- Customer must contact Lynxx Networks and request that Call Trace is added to their line
- Immediately after receiving a call that you would like to have traced, press and release the switchhook and listen for a dial tone.
- Press *57
- If the trace was successful, you will hear an automated announcement
- Stay on the line and follow the instructions given
- Five successful traces need to be completed
- The traced number will be stored for approximately 7-10 days
- Lynxx Networks will not release the information directly to you
- You must call your local law enforcement agency within 7 days to begin the legal process of having law enforcement obtain the offending number from Lynxx Networks
Distinctive Ringing – Get the advantages of two phone lines for less. It’s a great solution for teens and small businesses. Additional fees may apply, but are not equal to having two separate lines.
- You will be assigned another telephone number to your existing line
- That second number will have it’s own special ringtone
On Demand Conference Service – Save time, travel and improve your productivity by meeting with people across town or across the country with secure telephone quality conferencing. You will have online access to schedule and manage your conference. Contact Lynxx Networks at 608-427-6515 to subscribe and get calling rates.
LYNXX NETWORKS VOICEMAIL DIRECTIONS
Accessing your Existing Voice Mailbox –
- Dial 427-3999
- Press # if calling from the phone your voice mail is subscribed to
- If using Fast Login (*96) to access from your home phone, then no password is required
- If not calling from your phone that the voicemail is subscribed to, then enter your telephone number, followed by the # key
- Your password will be a default of four zeros (0000) until you change it
Setting Up Your New Voice Mail Account – Set up your account to create your own voice mail that will let people message you when you’re unable to answer a call.
- You will have been given an access number (427-3999 and a PIN (Personal Identification Number)—the default PIN is 0000. Both of these numbers are required to set-up a voice mail account.
- Call 427-3999 from your own phone
- Log in or the first time
- You will be prompted to select the number of the mailbox you wish to use
- Next, enter your PIN when requested
- Even before you set-up your account, people will receive a standard greeting and will be able to leave messages
First Time Sign-In –You must sign-in the first time you log into your mailbox. Configure your voicemail mailbox in these steps:
- First, you must change your PIN (Personal Identification Number)
- Record your name
- Choose a greeting to play to callers before they leave a message
- The greeting and recorded name will be heard each time a caller accesses your mailbox to leave a message
***You may skip the first time sign-in once by pressing the * key twice. However, after skipping it once you will need to complete all three steps the next time you call in
***You may end the setup process at any point by simply ending the call. However, if you end the call, you will be asked to complete the remaining setup steps the next time you enter your mailbox.
Changing your PIN –
Secure your account with a new PIN.
- Set-up a new PIN by following the prompts in order.
- Your telephone service provider will give details about the length of the PIN
- When choosing a new PIN, there may be some restrictions, like not using your telephone number or sequential numbers in either ascending or descending order or repeated digits
- Enter the new PIN, and press # when finished
- If the PIN you chose doesn’t pass the checks imposed, an error message explaining why that particular PIN won’t work will come up. You will then be returned to the main menu and prompted to try again with another PIN number
- If the new PIN passes the checks, set-up will continue as normal
- You will be asked to confirm your new PIN by re-entering and pressing # when finished
Recording Your Name – Greet callers so they know they have reached the correct phone number.
- Your recording should be less than ten seconds long, and if it’s too long you will be directed to re-record a shorter version
- Record your name, and press # when finished
- An announcement will play back your recording
If you wish to re-record the message, Press !
If you wish to keep the message, Press #
Choosing a Greeting – Create a personalized or pre-recorded message for your callers.
- Once you have successfully recorded your name, you will be prompted to select a greeting from a selection
- To record your own personal greeting, Press 1. Then record your personal greeting and press # when finished
- To use a system-generated greeting that also announces your recorded name, press 2
- To use a system-generated greeting that also announces your phone number, press 3
- To use a system-generated greeting that neither announces your name nor phone number, press 4
- An announcement plays back your selected greeting
- To record or select a different greeting, press 1
- To save your greeting and use it, press #
- You will be transferred to the main menu